Регистрация    Забыли пароль?        Правила форума    FAQ (читать перед созданием новой темы)
Имя   Пароль  запомнить

Просмотр темы
Вернуться на сайт: PHP-Fusion SF Russian Support Site

Форум поддержки PHP-Fusion SF | PHP-Fusion SF - Моды/Плагины | Плагины/Plugins
# 1 Тема: He did not rule out releasing the veteran

Сказали спасибо 0 раз
Статус: offline
Опубликовано 03 Ноября 2014, 11:05:06
TAMPA, Fla. -- Steven Stamkos will not play for Team Canada at the Sochi Olympics after tests revealed Wednesday that his broken right leg is not completely healed. Tampa Bay Lightning doctors said they couldnt clear him to play after examining his most recent CT scan and will re-evaluate his condition again in two to three weeks. Lightning captain and teammate Martin St. Louis has been named as his replacement. Its a big blow for the 23-year-old, who had been optimistic earlier this week that he might be able to play by as soon as Saturday. "Today is obviously very disappointing for me," Stamkos said in a release. "I honestly believe that we did everything possible in order to have my injured leg ready in time for the Olympics, but I realize you cant force healing. I know, in the best interest of my long-term health, I cannot represent Canada in Sochi, as much as I would like to." Yzerman said Stamkos "should not be participating in game action at any time in the near future." "Although the doctor was very pleased to this point with the healing process, he explained that the callus surrounding the fracture site is not 100 per cent consolidated, and Steven will not be cleared to play in a game until that happens," said Yzerman. "It was a pretty clear-cut decision, no grey areas at all." Sidney Crosby, the captain for Team Canada, was disappointed to hear that Stamkos would not be heading to Sochi. "Its tough to see. I think we all figured if theres anyone thats going to find a way back, it would be him," Crosby said, after scoring a goal and adding an assist in Pittsburghs 5-1 win at Buffalo Wednesday night. "That being said, its probably more difficult for him than anyone else. You feel for him, but we obviously have to move forward." Crosby declined to suggest who he might favour as a candidate to replace Stamkos. "With different guys in the mix, I think its a good problem to have," Crosby said. "But nonetheless, I dont think its an easy decision at all." NHL players are set to leave Sunday and arrive in Sochi on Monday. Canadas first game is Feb. 13. Stamkos suffered the injury Nov. 11 and hasnt played since. He underwent surgery to have a titanium rod inserted into the tibia. Janoris Jenkins Jersey . In the eyes of Heat coach Erik Spoelstra, the two-time defending NBA champions pretty much botched the whole thing. Brian Quick . Abreu hit his 20th homer and Adam Dunn added a three-run shot as Chicago beat San Francisco 7-6 on Wednesday, handing the Giants their fifth straight loss. http://www.shopramsus.com/women-alec-ogletree-rams-jersey-sale/.m. Columbus, OH (Sports Network) - Seattle Sounders FC hopes to rebound from a mid-week loss at D.C. United when it travels to Columbus for a Major League Soccer clash with the Crew on Saturday. Kenny Britt Authentic Jersey .ca Fantasy Editor Scott Cullen, NFL Editor Ben Fisher, and Isaac Owusu discuss three hot fantasy football topics. T.J. McDonald Mens Blue Elite Jersey . With just seconds left in the third and final minute of stoppage time, substitute Haris Seferovic finished off a length-of-the-field move by slamming home a close-range shot. After wild Swiss celebrations, Ecuadors shell-shocked players barely had time to restart before the final whistle was blown.Montreal Alouettes wide receiver Arland Bruce issued a statement of apology on Tuesday regarding a post he made on social media about openly gay football player Michael Sam. "First, I would like to offer my deepest and sincerest apologies for any harm I have inflicted on University of Missouri defensive lineman, Michael Sam," the statement read. "Michael Sam is someones son, someones brother and it is neither my business nor my right to comment on his sexual orientation. My comment on Instagram was inappropriate and disrespectful, and I apologize for the lack of discretion." Bruce was fined on Tuesday by the CFL for a crude posting on social media urging Sam to "submit to God." "The comments made by these players are extremely disappointing and do not represent the CFLs views or the views of the vast majority of our players," CFL commissioner Mark Cohon said in a statement. "The CFL is supportive of openly gay athletes in professional sports and we commend the courage shown by Michael Sam. During the off-season, we have been working with an organization that specializes in this subject and look forward to announcing a formal partnership with them in the near future." The 36-year-old Bruce, a three-time CFL all-star and two-time Grey Cup champion, has played 11 seasons with Winnipeg, Toronto, Hamilton, B.C. and Montreal. The Olashe, Kan., native is going into his second season with the Alouettes. The Alouettes released a statement saying they "unequivocally denounce the regrettable comments made by Arland Bruce III. The statements and feelings expressed by Bruce III are disappointing and do not reflect the opinions and values of the Montreal Alouettes Football Club." In the same statement, Alouettes general manager and head coach Jim Popp said: "Our organization supports all types of diversity. Every individual is unique and free to make his or her own choices. We evaluate players, coaches and support staff based on theirr skill set and not by gender, colour, religion or sexual orientation.dddddddddddd The Montreal Alouettes have a simple criteria to determine who can be a member of our organization. We seek individuals who will make a positive contribution to our team goals and to the Montreal community." Popp later said that no decision has yet been made on whether Bruce will remain with the team. He did not rule out releasing the veteran. "As an organization, well discuss the matter thoroughly and decide what to do next," said Popp. The following is the full statement released on Tuesday night: "First, I would like to offer my deepest and sincerest apologies for any harm I have inflicted on University of Missouri defensive lineman, Michael Sam. Michael Sam is someones son, someones brother and it is neither my business nor my right to comment on his sexual orientation. My comment on Instagram was inappropriate and disrespectful, and I apologize for the lack of discretion. I apologize to fans, teammates, and everyone else who has worked with me, supported me and believed in me throughout my career. I not only respect the game of football, I respect everyone who plays it, and it was not my intent to negatively affect anyone, especially this young, up-and-coming football phenom. I would welcome Michael Sam on my team any day, as I have no ill will towards anyone simply because they are gay. I have a brother and a half-brother who are gay, both of whom I love and respect greatly. To the Montreal Alouettes, the CFL/ CFLPA and the NFL/NFLPA – you are outstanding organizations that give many great men the opportunity to play this beautiful game. I have been very blessed to play on your team and in your league, and I am sincerely sorry for any adverse effects you have had to endure due to my actions. Finally, I want to make it very clear that my thoughts and opinions are my own and do not reflect those of either organization or anyone who is associated with me." ' ' '

^ наверх ^
Перейти на форум:

45,241,842 уникальных посетителей
сейчас: 19 Сентября 2018, 21:27:58
Генерация страницы: 0.07 сек.

Original size:19 кб.
GZipped size: 8 кб.
Compression:59%